Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bath!

I recently went to the ancient Roman city of Bath. It was a gorgeous city. The architecture is magnificent. Even the new buildings are constructed to match the old. Not that I am by any means a city planner, but I loved the unconventional layout of the town. There was a prominent circle of connected houses in what is called the Circus. Nearby, by is the Royal Crescent. It is rumoured that Jonny Depp is living here and I could see why anyone with enough money would choose to live there. It is once again a rounded set of attached houses with a large park in front. We also visited the Bath Abbey. Like the rest of this city, the abbey was beautiful.

The Circus

The Royal Crescent

Outside the Abbey

Inside the Abbey

The real reason I visited the city was of course to see the ancient Roman baths. The baths were incredible. It is amazing that something so beautiful and sophisticated was created without modern technology. The baths were created on a hot spring which still exists today. I know my pictures cannot do Bath justice, but they will certainly help add to my brief descriptions!



A view of the bath and the abbey

Me at the bath!